Saturday, September 3, 2011

Gloucester, Boston, Beverly, Saugus, Revere...Oh My!













Hello! We are definitely living the life now, I say. Gloucester, Mass has captured us heart and soul, and we are SOOOOOO glad we extended our stay to include their Schooner Fest this weekend. Yesterday, the 2nd, we veered a bit off course to catch up with my seeester Maureen, her son Phil and daughter Kendra, and Kendra's husband Aaron and daughter Cierra. I am now, officially, Cierra's favorite great aunt. No offense to the other great aunts out there, but I AM IT!!! So give up! You'll never make it! I have a Samsung Galaxy pad with games and a camera that takes self-shots! Ha!

Tony and I were unsure about traveling to Boston, as we had been there with Alex's 9th grade class several years ago, and don't like revisiting the same place. And we weren't sure how to get there - drive or train. Decided on the drive, as it's about 45 minutes during good traffic of which there is little chance. We actually had an easy and beautiful drive (thanks Gertie!) past the Olmstead Park, downtown, the Arboreatum, and some old style Boston architecture.

Phil and his new bride Sharolta just moved into an achingly beautiful old home made into a duplex. They are upstairs and the place is fabulous.



I also got some great shots of my beautiful family. We had such a great time together, both at the Cape and in Boston. Gave us a chance to catch-up, laugh alot, tell stories. We just don't see each other enough.









Also gave Tony and I a chance to take some great architectural pics of beautiful Boston. Traffic was so sucky that we got off 1 North and headed for the hinterlands of Salem, et al. It took a loooonnnngggg time to get home - three hours for a 45 minute drive! - but it was another great lookee-lou.

SEE ABOVE PICS.

On arriving home, our sweet little Cape Ann Campsite is now packed to the gills, and our view of the estuary is gone. I can imagine the tent sites are jammed too. Crazy busy, cars zooming up and down our road. We let Roku out again, but had to bring him back in after he crossed the road twice to visit other campsites. He was banished to inside, much to his horror. We had a quick dinner of cheese, crackers and fruit. TC bought an antenna booster which didn't work. Haven't had any TV since Hingham and truly don't care. Have watched a couple of movies - anybody seen the Coen brothers "A Serious Man" yet? Love the Coens, not sure of the message in this one. Maybe biographical?

We're heading to Rockport today to stumble around. We have to take OTC arthritis medicine every day in order not to cripple ourselves by evening. But we love to walk and look and gawk and listen in. It's just who we are, OK?! I'm hoping to hook into WIFI there, in order to upload pics for this blog. Cross our fingers! It's just too slow here at little old Cape Ann.

As a side note, I felt really crummy last Wednesday, enough so that I took to my bed.  Ached all over, so tired I was comatose.  I'm thinking, thyroid adjustment.  So, I went to a doc's office, where they nurse gave me excellent info - when you're traveling and need tests done, get the lab into and ask your doc to fax a request for testing.  I had secured permission within an hour and went in the next day for the blood test.  Should have a result and answer from my doc in Poulsbo by next Tues (long weekend).  Had a great conversation with my phlebotomist about hormone's and fatigue.  She said thyroid people are in all the time when they're overly tired and achy.  We will see if Dr. Beddo is correct.

Also received a call from the AG's office over Chaussee's "hostile work environment" lawsuit - $600K I hear.  Please.  The only hostile work environment was due to his behavior.  I will happily call them on Tuesday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment