Wednesday, December 2, 2009



12/2/09
Woke up in time for the 8 AM bird show outside our windows. I had thrown some nuts and raisins out the day before to see if I could tempt some bird watching. Saw a large orange feral cat. He looked at me when I told him “I like kitties!” I’ve had a lovely, quiet moment realigning myself, meditating, thinking deep thoughts and shallow ones too. Trying to unload all the emotional and mental baggage I carry with me – slowing me down, tying me up.

I’ve discovered I live every day with a knot in my stomach, worrying over my past, present and future. Worrying over Alex’s, my friends, my family’s past, present and future. I’m hopeful I can unknot my gut and JUST BE!!! Sitting by a pool and reading The Power of Now and Kabat-Zinn’s mindfulness reminder will get me where I want to be.

Tony’s itchy feet are moving us on, although we’d decided to stay another day at the pools. He’s worrying we’re running out of “warm weather” time. So…..on we move to the desert. Not dessert. Closer to our lovely Joshua Tree, or Salton Sea, anyway.
And Later The Same Day…


Wound up in Yurmo at Calico Ghost Town. Another miscalculation as we drove until the sun set. Then we’re stuck. And we always get lost. Frustrating. I vote for a new rule…drive four hours a day then STOP and ENJOY!
We see the ghost town tomorrow – whoo hoo! – it’s included in the RV park discounted-‘cause-we’re-old-price.

I feel so bloated from all the salt and sugar I normally don’t eat. Popcorn for dinner for me.

Tony’s been arduously reading the cribbage rules, probably thinking he can kick my ass – NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! I was an ace crib player in college. He’s also come up with a new invention: when boiling noodles, include a colored pellet that will turn the noodles a specific color when done. He’s always thinking…

Off to Joshua Tree tomorrow…

2 comments:

  1. I've named the rock in the picture below Thumbo Jumbo "Butt Crack Rock". And say, isn't that the Virgin Mary in the rock behind Tony?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed Julie! And my tortilla had the Apostles on it this morning! Good eye, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete