Thursday, December 10, 2009



12/9/2009


53 years since I was born. I sit in the sun, greenery and flowers surrounding me. Have to hit the road today, heading to freezing weather. I don’t look forward to the weather, or returning to “the same.”

Here's a little Jackie history for you...when I was born, my mother told me that, as her fifth child, I was crowning as she reached the hospital. The anesthesiologist hadn’t arrived yet to put her into twilight sleep, so they physically held my head in until he got there. The doc sent us home several days later with a recipe for my formula, but, as my parents discovered later, the doc had transposed the formula and water so that I was drinking mostly water. I cried so much dad called me “Crabby Abby.” It seems so odd to me that, 1) mom wouldn’t breast feed; and 2) she wouldn’t recognize that the recipe was wrong. Another fascinating little factoid - I was named Jacqueline after an old girlfriend of dad’s. Note - why would she 1) agree to naming me after his old girlfriend; 2) not kick his ass for even suggesting it.

I’m finally used to living in the RV, putzing around, having some space. Slept like a dream last night after a funny movie “Mr. Woodcock” with Susan Sarandon and Billy Bob Thornton. I could sit by the pool and read all day.

While sitting in the hot springs yesterday, I mentioned it was my birthday today. All the women said “Oh! Happy Birthday!” It touched me - a sweet moment.

Already heard from erstwhile friend Julie, who celebrated her 53rd last week. I’m sure I’ll have a phone full of birthday texts today…

The sweetest was from grandaughter Holli and her parents John and Sandi singing Happy Birthday to me on voice mail. And at the very end, Holli says "I love you!" Ahhhh, music to my ears...

Decided to spend the night in a motel to really live it up for my bday. After traveling through some incredibly moving country - the Antelope Valley - ended up in Lancaster at the Town House Motel. Review in Tripadvisor said it’s clean, and that’s all we ask. Also has a pool and hot tub. Turns out the pool isn’t heated and the hot tub is luke warm. What does “luke” come from?


While traversing to and from the RV, Tony accidentally stepped on our 12 disc cd holder and busted nine of the 12 cd’s - FOUR OF WHICH I HAD JUST BOUGHT MYSELF FOR MY BIRTHDAY AND HADN’T LISTENED TO YET!!! Dang! Here’s my eclectic taste: Michael Buble’s new one, Pink, Darius Rucker (didn’t bust) and comedian Nick Swarden.

We had great showers, the leftovers from our lunch, and great birthday sex. What more could I want, I ask?

My cd’s back, I guess…..

1 comment: