Saturday, December 5, 2009







12/6/09
I actually slept pretty well, considering my weird sleeping patterns: awake at 12:30, 3:30 and 8:00. I raced up, hit the head, threw everything where it should be and told Tony to “Get up, let’s hit the road!” Up he comes, I start the rig…..oh, that’s right, it wouldn’t start. Long story short, got the guy with a billion dollar rig to jump start us – said a prayer and…Blue starts!
We race off through the rest of the park and end up at the Salton Sea Rec area – where we are only impressed with the PELICANS!



A lake full of pelicans! I was entranced, in love, - snapped many pics.



As we were feeling the pinch of getting the propane and generator fixed, I fired up the netbook to find an RV repair place around Palm Springs. Another long story short – arguments, no shower for two days, cold night – led us to our fav hotel in downtown PS. While Tony showered and called a mobil RV repair guy (Dale) recommended to us, I humped our laundry to the on-site washer/dryer, sucked in the gorgeous grounds and felt relief that we were back in PS. Tony and Dale met up, fixed the RV; I took a shower, folded and ironed, got dressed. Feel so much better.


The great pool and flowers…


Lucky for us, this is the biggest night of the year in PS – the Parade of Lights! Whoo hoo! We walked the few blocks to a restaurant, made our way through the massive crowds, and had a bite – our first of the day. Talked a lot about “lessons learned” the last few days, felt lucky that we had made a new friend in Dale the RV repairer, trying to figure out where we’ll go next. Our goal is simple…SUN AND A POOL!!!
I leave you with a little of the parade…..

No comments:

Post a Comment